Coaches are some of the most influential role models in kids' lives today. Are you up for the challenge?
With the explosive growth of lacrosse around the country, the need for knowledgeable, experienced coaches is greater than ever before.
According to research, a successful coach...
- is motivational and inspires athletes to improve and work hard,
- is knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport,
- is relational and excellent at communicating with players and parents,
- possesses good character and is a positive role model.
If you’d be interested in coaching boys or girls lacrosse or a skill night this winter or fall, contact us or register today!
US Lacrosse has announced Level 1 coaches’ certification for both men and women’s games:
WYSC will be hosting a Level 1 mens and womens Lacrosse Coaching Development Clinic
Date: March 7, 2020
Location: Athey Highland Field
- Other aspects of Level 1 Certification are:
- Current USL Membership: Mandatory for clinic
- NCSI Background Check: Optional prior to clinic; Mandatory for Certification
- Online Courses available at learning.uslacrosse.org: Strongly Recommended Prior To Clinic; Mandatory for Certification
- How To Make Proper Contact Online Course (Men’s Game Only)
- Level 1 fundamentals of coaching online course
- PCA Double Goal Coach 1
- Clinics are 3 hours in length. They are hands-on, all on-field.
- Please dress comfortable and in layers. Be ready to participate.
- Please bring:
- A stick for the game you coach (we will not have loaner sticks available).
- A water bottle
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Optional: a device for taking notes
- The curriculum covers individual skill progressions. Topics include:
- Ground Balls/Scooping
- Catching, Passing, Shooting
- Individual Defense, Foundations for Team Defense (Double Teams)
- Blocking/Checking (if age-appropriate)
- You will be taught LADM-aligned drills, available in USL Mobile Coach
- You will be taught error detection and correction of specific individual skills
- Check-in will begin onsite approximately 30 minutes prior to the clinic. We recommend arriving a few minutes early.
- Clinic-specific details, including the event address, can be found on your registration confirmation.
- You would have received an email from
on the date you registered.
- Other event-specific information, including parking instructions, weather-related information, and more will be emailed to you by your local host approximately 48 hours prior to the event. Please do not contact US Lacrosse for these details. Clinics are run locally.
Post clinic, you will see your clinic listed under “training history” in your account within one week. You will also be sent a link to a survey for feedback.
You need to be a US Lacrosse member and sign up through US Lacrosse. WYSC will reimburse 50% as the certification costs with proof of payment and certificate after 1 full season of coaching with WYSC